Requisition ID: 136631
Work Area: Sales
Location: All German SAP subsidiaries as location possible, Walldorf preferred
Expected Travel: 0 - 60%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Part Time, minimum 75%
As you know, SAP's vision is to help the world run better and improve people's lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you're able to build your career. It's no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Global Managing Board have initiated a strategy to formally launch S/4HANA Cloud in the US, EMEA, MEE and APJ.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader to drive the launch and scaling of the business across the local market.
The role is to recruit and lead account executives who will purely be focused on the S/4HANA public cloud editions. This is a very high profile role which whilst starting small, has very big strategic expectations.
The Sales Manager (SM) performs the leadership and management roles within their assigned sales team. In this capacity, the SM will build their sales team, perform at or above assigned revenue and contribution targets, implement team improvement initiatives, fulfill administrative duties and pursue a path of personal development and growth. The Sales Manager has responsibility for team building, team culture, and team integration.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Provide overall leadership and management to the assigned sales team.
* Recruit to established Success Profiles, and maintain a pipeline of qualified sales candidates at all times.
* Develop assigned individuals through the systematic development and implementation of personal business plans for all AE's.
* Assist in the effective deployment of resources within named accounts by working closely with AE's in defining and developing the appropriate virtual account teams.
* Maintain open and ongoing dialogue with each team member concerning individual career goals and growth opportunities within SAP.
* Proactively build and grow a successful sales culture within the assigned team that will lead to a collaborative, sharing and synergistic sales environment for all.
* Assist sales team in identification, pursuit, negotiation and closure of sales opportunities.
* Assist sales team as needed in developing, communicating and driving effective selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions.
* Provide thought leadership in discussing and communicating account strategy with AE's and other members of the virtual account team.
* Assume leadership role as needed in developing executive sponsors within named accounts and ensure that these communication lines remain open.
* Ensure success of the total customer relationship.
* Maximize customer/prospect attendance at SAP sponsored events.
* Facilitate individual growth and development through an effective and ongoing program of semi-annual performance reviews of all assigned staff.
* Conduct thorough and ongoing territory/account reviews with AE's using consistent processes and methods to ensure optimal deployment of winning sales strategies, processes and SAP resources.
* Maintain an ongoing focus on significant issues critical to sales success, including but not limited to: recruiting, references, competition, third party relationships, outstanding accounts receivable and training and ramp-up of AE's.
* Within each assigned named account, assist in expanding and strengthening SAP's presence by establishing proactive relationships with influential executives, both within the customer base and other third parties.
* Support and provide leadership as needed for all SAP promotions and events in the territory, including but not limited to: SAPPHIRE, Industry Solution Days, executive events and internal training workshops.
* Establish and foster a sales culture that will be conducive to ongoing coaching and account strategy sessions with AE's in which they can learn, grow and win through adopting shared best practices.
* Maintain accurate, timely and documented pipelines and forecasts of opportunities and provide appropriate communication of such to SAP management.
* Ensure compliance with all SAP personnel, sales, pricing and contract policies.
* Maintain a focus on cost of sales elements and communicate such to AE's.
* Maintain appropriate levels of involvement in customer issues requiring resolution, including invoices, disputes and other matters requiring field sales leadership and management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Bachelors` degree or equivalent
* Fluent German and English language skills required
* Proven deal closing- and forecast skills
* Diplomatic skills and sovereignty in critical situations
* Strong negotiations skills
* First management experience in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive team selling environment
* Prior experience in business application software sales
* Previous success in team building, driving team performance, initiating team improvement and handling large transactions over lengthy sales campaigns advised
* Process industry experience preferred
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.