Requisition ID: 152780
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 10 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As you know, SAP's vision is to help the world run better and improve people's lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you're able to build your career. It's no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a key element in SAP's Cloud Infrastructure Services group, Global Network Services (GNS) co-architects, builds and operates network infrastructure around the world in more than 70 data centers and more than 150 locations. Our services are available 24x7; we operate as global organization and operational work is leveraged a significant portion by managed service partners.
We are looking for an experienced operations manager with strong coordination skills to lead the Multicloud Operation Program accountable for all the multicloud network strategy, design and operation for all global SAP public cloud connectivity demands. Main focus will be Azure, AWS, Goggle cloud and others public cloud platforms. SAP's growth and transition to become the Cloud company requires our organization to constantly adapt and improve and we are looking for someone to help shape and develop our teams to work along new operating models of a professional IT Service provider. Zero downtime mindset and culture is a core element of our production. We are looking for pragmatic, proactive and powerful minds with a turn-around attitude and full focus on operational excellence.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Develop multicloud network strategy and operation excellence for the related services
* Design, Develop and own this network product
* Ensure global operational stability and security to achieve OLAs/SLAs agreed with customers
* Lead a global virtual team of network engineers and steer SAP managed service partners
* Work closely with network vendors and business partners
* Develop and ensure the implementation of globally agreed standards
* Engagement with Lines of Business or strategic project initiatives as the representative of the GNS management team
* Active participation in continuous improvement exercises (processes, TCO, delivery times, harmonization, security ?)
* Participation in GNS manager-on-duty rotations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Ability to lead a global virtual team of senior network engineers through times of transformation
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong business acumen with ability to prepare decisions in an environment with frequently conflicting goals (quality, timeline, resources, cost)
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to communicate to senior managers in SAP and with SAP customer executives - written and verbal, English and German
* Ability to lead a virtual team (across time zones and cultures) and to operate within a group of peer managers to support global delivery excellence without barriers
* Strong IT operation management skills
* Experience with 24x7 network operation
* Experience in network design
* Develop network Services and products
* Experience with public cloud vendors
* Leading virtual teams
* Focus on operational challenges of incident and change management in 24x7 operations
* Strategic network thinking
* Building up business networks to peers, vendors and business units
* 3+ years as a (senior) operations manager with a proven track record
* Project management experience
* Network background would be preferred but is not a must
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.