Requisition ID: 216758
Work Area: Information Technology
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That?s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it?s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people?s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to start your career at the world market leader for enterprise software?
Do you see your professional development in a team of very skilled people with great team spirit?
We are looking for talents like you to join our SAP HANA Database team!
If you join the SAP HANA in-memory database team, you will be part of a team that is the basis for new, ground-breaking SAP applications. In-memory computing is made possible through recent technology advances in main memory, multi-core processing, and data management. It leverages technology innovation to establish real-time analysis of business data and combines both transactions and analytics to improve existing business processes with a significant increase in performance. The SAP HANA in-memory database as basis for the in-memory computing is the key driver for SAP markets of the future.
You will be part of the development team in Walldorf with more than 100 exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Other development teams are located all over the world and you will be collaborating closely with them. We at the SAP HANA in-memory database team live code development in a flexible and agile way in small self-organized teams.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager?s agreement.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The HANA Cloud Native Qualities Project takes care of providing optimizations for the SAP HANA Database to be more efficient in Cloud Infrastructures as well as on-premise deployment. This includes reducing TCO and guarantee a better Availability, Elasticity and Supportability.
The Cloud Native Qualities Project is coordinating the overall development activities in this context and is involved in evaluating cloud native technologies. This includes applying these technologies to first components in our HANA C++ code base and transferring this knowledge to other teams considering the characteristics of their components.
We are looking for talented developers who are curious, agile and willing to take various challenges to make the in-memory technology of SAP HANA even more efficient for running in the Cloud as a Service (and on-premise deployments as well)
In all focus areas, you can expect to?
* Write software implementations using C++ and other languages
* Proof new concepts to make HANA more effective in a Cloud Deployment / Infrastructure
* Optimize HANA for less TCO, better Availability, Elasticity and help to increase the Supportability Capabilities
* Be involved in production ready application of cloud native technologies.
* Write regression tests for your own code using different programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, SQL) and testing frameworks
* Conduct code reviews and code audits to spot opportunities for improvements with respect to usability, testability, or potential performance penalties
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
We are looking for candidates who are committed to a technology career path. Please make sure your set of application documents contains a cover letter and CV, copies of the obtained degrees and references.
* Good C++ programming skills and some experience in implementing performance-critical algorithms
* Good Bachelor?s/Master?s degree or equivalent in computer science or related technical discipline
* Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
* Familiar with relational database management systems
* Basic experience of container virtualization with Docker
* Curiosity regarding Cloud Native Architectures
* Verbal and written working proficiency in English and German
* Ability to analyze and debug complex problems
* Basic experience in SAP HANA Database operations and architecture
* Basic experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Container Orchestration / K8s
* Experience in administration, programming or profiling on Linux
* Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools e.g. Git, Gerrit
* Python or Shell-Scripting programming skills
* 0-2 years of practical experience in the area of system or application programming with C++ in form of student jobs, internships, etc.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you?re searching for a company that?s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment ? apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.