Requisition ID: 120696
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP's vision is to help the world run better and improve people's lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You'll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you'll be able to get more out of your career. It's no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it's your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As SAP supports its customers' transformation to become digital enterprises, SAP Support is transforming alongside. "The Next Generation Of Support - Support For the digital enterprise"
More than ever, the customer experience will be critical to SAP's strategy to become THE Cloud Company powered by SAP HANA.
The customer facing support infrastructure is an essential differentiator for SAP over its industry peers. Industry leading infrastructure for customer interactions has to be consumer grade, real time and Omni-channel - fit for the digital native and future workforce.
In this context, the Senior Developer in Product Support is responsible for the consistent UI & App development in her/his domain. Besides the core development tasks he/she actively contributes to co-innovation projects together with SAP development and customers. The senior developer applies the agile development methodology, ensures that SCRUM is understood and acts as scrum master in implementation teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Be part of a new development team located Germany and Shanghai and work in a highly motivated team according to the agile development methodology. Collaborate with Support-Infrastructure-Team and Product Support Delivery Teams. Translates business requirements into SAPUI5 and/or Native Apps taking market and technical trends into consideration.
* Development of applications for customer facing support infrastructure (i.e. browser-based and mobile)
* Develops the technical and development skills of team colleagues
* He/she contributes to set the technical and PS development standards in the development team
* He/she leads agile development teams
* Collaborates with designers and domain experts
* Supports and advices product owner and management regarding technical and architectural feasibility, implications, readiness, and compliance
Drives collaboration with peers from various teams across locations and is accountable for implementing the requirements within product lines and product families.
* Coaches and advises young talents and other experts
* Drives improvements and innovations in development processes, methodologies, architectures, technology
Being a role model for senior developers (thought leadership on innovations in his/her domain, living SAP values, promoting SAP strategy)
Is recognized externally as an expert by representing for example to customers, partners, analysts, at conferences
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Deep understanding of current and future technologies and state of the art in UI development.
Strong development skills in several of the following areas:
* Proven track record in frontend development of easy-to consume cloud software
* Expert knowledge in SAPUI5/Fiori
* Expert knowledge of one or more related frameworks, such as jQuery, d3.js, node.js, socket.io, bootstrap etc.
* Expert in at least one native app development area such as in Java for Android and/or Objective-C for iOS
* Experience in integration with frontend and backend through REST and oData
* Awareness of cross-browser compatibility, performance, stability and security considerations
* Experience in working with continuous delivery and continuous deployment enabled setups
* Passion for agile software engineering
* Deep understanding of Cloud and Cloud technologies
* Understanding of software architecture & design principles
* Excellent English language skills - written and oral
* SAP HANA, SAP Hana Cloud Platform, SAP WebIDE, Development of XS/JS Services, ABAP Development,
* Experience in Micro-Service-Development
* Experience in implementation of Web- and App-Security-Concepts
* Good understanding of
* SAP Support Processes
We are looking for candidates with 4+ years of development experience. In your application, please include a list of projects you have been working on including your role, used technologies and applied development processes.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at EMEA: +49 6227 7 48599 and email@example.com, Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection