Requisition ID: 138512
Work Area: Sales
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 70%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As you know, SAP's vision is to help the world run better and improve people's lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you're able to build your career. It's no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Channel Manager is a field-based employee that manages channel relationships in the Middle & Eastern Europe (MEE) in order to grow SAP's software license revenue as well as sales of S/4HANA Cloud. In detail, the Channel Manager
* is responsible for developing the partner's SAP business by driving sales (to net new customers and to the partner's current customer base), demand generation, and partner capabilities.
* is the main point of contact for building the partner relationship with SAP; and is the central advisor to the partner, responsible for coordinating all SAP interactions (among executives, solution teams, peers, etc.) in order to drive partner investments and growth in SAP's solution portfolio.
* is responsible for revenue generated through partners, revenue growth, partner's increase in S/4HANA Cloud, percentage of partners who are active and generating revenue, growing partners from one program level to the next, partner expansion into a new investment area (industry, geography, solution), and partners' adherence to PartnerEdge program requirements (if applicable).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Strategic Value and Business Development
Responsible for the holistic management and representation of the partner to SAP and for proactively managing and developing the partner following a disciplined business planning process to expand the partner's business with SAP.
* Understand the partner's basic financial structure and key drivers, which influence their business and decisions
* Develop deep and active relationships across all roles with the partner (executives, sales, marketing, and technical) and keep up to date with all changes of the partners' organization as well as with the changing environment at SAP
* Understand and articulate the SAP S/4HANA Cloud portfolio in terms of the customer value proposition and the partner value proposition (including partner economics, partner ROI and advise the partner on investments into various solutions); present SAP opportunities (i.e. new product, new solutions area) in financial terms including potential revenue, required partner investment, break-even, and ROI to gain partner adoption
* Assist the partner in building transformational plans with unique value propositions to differentiate themselves and provide value to customers; identify economic trends and industry knowledge to advise and align the partner's investment in developing their SAP business and to gain trusted advisor status
* Develop and drive effective joint annual business planning with partner to ensure proper planning and execution of Sales, Marketing and Enablement including investment and expansion commitments, document partner's commitments and investments, hold partners accountable, measure (and report) results and ROI regularly (i.e., quarterly updates and reviews)
* Proactively provide professional preparation and leadership of partner/SAP meeting
Revenue Generation and Leadership
Responsible for reselling SAP S/4HANA Cloud licenses with and through partners and establishing an advisory relationship with the partner and SAP teams.
* Drive partner execution to revenue commitments to SAP, measure and report progress. Assess partner value to SAP taking into account SAP's mid and long-term strategy and partner business development potential.
* Train partners on SAP sales methodology on overall SAP and specific product and solution positioning, and on competitive responses; develop partner's sales skills on successful sales strategies and on individual opportunities through sales coaching, opportunity reviews, role-playing, and observing and assisting at customer visits.
* Guide partner on the sales landscape and see potential how SAP solutions complement other software and technologies that the partner sells to increase size of opportunities and the partner's margin
* Collaborate with SAP teams (Account Executive, Inside Sales Executive, Customer Sales Manager); act as a strategic liaison between the partner and SAP to ensure effective communications, aligned strategies, and sales success;
* Update and communicate key partner changes -- for example, new partner executives or organizational structure, new SAP solutions authorizations, partner demand generation campaigns, investments, etc. -- to relevant SAP systems and teams (e.g., PRM, ISE's, Account Executives)
* Prevent and resolve conflicts. Escalate as needed
Partner Demand Generation and Pipeline Creation
Responsible for partner's pipeline development; driving SAP's expectation of pipeline multipliers, and leveraging SAP marketing and business development resources and tools.
* Understand, develop and share best practices for demand generation and pipeline creation with partners
* Lead and drive partner to expand its SAP footprint in the innovation solution portfolio, and incorporate the new solutions in pipeline building and demand generation plans
* Guide partner's demand generation plans to align closely with SAP's current go-to-market messaging; influence partners to effectively utilize 100% of their marketing development funds; ensure partners utilize and leverage SAP's marketing resources, tools, collateral, sales plays, and other SAP demand generation programs; track and measure the ROI or the demand generation activities
* Develop and execute a pipeline development plan to meet partner's pipeline multiplier goals, net new name goals, and revenue commitments including setting goals for establishing customer references
* Ensure that the partner collaborates to build and execute joint demand generation activities with SAP regional, industry and national Sales, Business Development and Marketing Teams to grow a mutual pipeline; ensure that partners agree to clear account and align plans so as to close more business
* Ensure forecast accuracy and sales linearity (quarter after quarter, month after month)
General Partner Management
Responsible for the overall success of a partner with SAP, and for partner compliance with SAP PartnerEdge program requirements and SAP's Chanel Operating Policies.
* Act as a thought leader to optimize and innovate partner engagement and investment in the SAP ecosystem and portfolio
* Effectively train partners to become experts on delivering the SAP value proposition (overall and by solution)
* Guide partner to work effectively within SAP's Go-to-Market strategy
* Ensure PartnerEdge requirements are met and take corrective action as necessary
* Diagnose and prescribe corrective action for underperforming partners
* Ensure that partners - and SAP teams - operate in a professional and ethical manner; take action or escalate if professionalism and ethics standards are not being met
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Bachelor equivalent required, Master equivalent preferred
* Fluent German and English language skills
* An understanding of channel business, partner financials and economics, partner business planning, SAP software solutions, partner sales, forecasting, and building pipeline, demand generation planning, execution, and ROI
* Enablement planning skills
* SAP practice development within the partner; and operational execution
* Ability to work with an extended team, which includes indirect and direct sales reps, Inside and Field sales (Account Executives), marketing and technical resources, as one SAP
* Effective communication and presentation skills on executive level
* Local market knowledge and understanding (software industry, trends, vertical market industries, etc.)
* 7+ years of professional work experience in software sales, ideally subscription based
* Demonstrated experience in a partner facing sales role preferred, experience in working at a SAP partner is a ?plus'
* Demonstrated partnering, campaign management and sales leadership skills. Experience of selling strategic sales and developing new routes to market
* Business development planning and execution experience in driving sales pipeline, demand generation and enablement with partners
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Virtual - Germany